33. Jewelry

1885 Words
Me and Thora run down the hallway. "What you thinking?" "These boys won't think about searching for jewelry boxes." We get to the royal house and it is immaculate. "I want this furniture in my place." I make a door to my apartment, and we start shoving stuff in. I get 2 couches and 4 chairs before we stop. I pile a bunch of paintings on the couches before I send them through. We go room by room. "Everything is so nice." "I don't think the princess lived here. I think she may have been in the apartments. Her jewelry may be there." "OVER HERE I FOUND IT." I run into an entire room of jewelry. "I can't believe they would have missed this." "This is crazy. I've never seen so much." "I'll make a door to the morning room. We can push it in. There's no access, so no one will know. We can go there right when we get back and split it." We shove it in. Boxes and all. "They might have had a jeweler here too. There might be more gems there he's working on." "We should still find the princess' room first." We each of us grab a bottle of wine and find a servant dressed like ours. "Can you take us to the princess's room please?" "My pleasure. Right this way." She takes us about halfway down the advisor apartment hallway. Thora smiles. "Will you please stay with us? We keep getting lost." "My pleasure." "You can sit down. Is there any money in here?" "It's in the stand by the bed." The servant sits down. "Great thank you." "My pleasure." We clear the room of money and jewelry. "Any other money or jewelry in the advisor apartments?" "Maybe 1. We were never permitted in there. She insisted on taking care of her own space. But I did see her with nice jewelry on occasion." She takes us to another room. The place is clean and basic. "This is odd. Will you help us search this one please?" "Of course." We search the place. We find a jewelry box but not a lot in it. I check through my finger and find a little rectangle that's blue on the ceiling. I poke it. A big box full of money falls down. It's got to be at least 500k. I don't know where to send it. It has to be the morning room. Then I go back out to the servant. "We found the jewelry room in the royal home. We cleared that. Was there anything else of value in there?" "No, but they do have a jewelry maker, and he has his own vault." "Take us there please." I connect both feathers. They connect right away. "Hi baby what's going on?" "You said it's the jewelers own vault that we are going to, not the castle vault correct?" "That is correct." "Me and Tye are on our way to find you baby. We'll drag Kane too. Do not enter any vaults until we are with you. Where are you right now?" "Where are we right now? What is this area?" "We are coming up by the entry right now." "The entry to the building. The front door?" "Yes." "On our way baby. I grabbed Frode too." By the time we pass the entry. Frode, Tre, Tye, and Kane are waiting on us. They follow like they ran into us by accident. Another servant from this castle walks up. "Where we going?" "Taking them to the jewelers' vault." "Did you find the personal vaults for the king and his advisors yet?" Frode shakes his head. "No, could you lead us to those after the jewelers vault please?" "My pleasure." Tre looks at her. "Why so many vaults?" "I think they were afraid of banks." "They didn't trust anyone else watching their money." We follow them into the dungeon. Me and Thora get closer and closer together. The servant smiles. "There are no prisoners here. Only us and your guards." "Thank you for that." She opens the door to what seems like a jail cell and goes in. Kane blows the door off with a magic orb. "I only seen him do this once. Behind a fake stone is the knob to get in. It was somewhere around here." She starts messing with the stones. "Oh here it is." A stone falls to the ground. Behind it was a little lever. She pulls the lever and a door pops open like our bookshelves do. There's a desk along the wall. It has a big cabinet on top of it with a bunch of little drawers. Thora and I open a drawer at the same time. Mine has green stones and hers has purple. We open more and more. They are different colors. The ones at the bottom have gold chains and silver chains. "He had so many gems ready to make more jewelry." I nod. "Yea, this is his store room. We have to take this to our jeweler." Thora looks at the boys. "We have to give our jeweler a vault and put this in it." Tye smiles. "We can figure that out later. Right now we need to get this to Dipaks office." Kane makes a door pop out of nowhere. The boys shove everything through it. "The cells in this hallway have vaults hidden behind a fake rock." Tre nods. "Thank you." Thora takes off. Tye yells, "NO! You do not get to search the vaults alone. No one does. Anything can happen, and it's not safe to be alone." "What could happen, Tye?" "The door could shut behind you. How would we know or find you? How long would you be stuck there? Stay with one of us." Tre smiles. "Come on Thora, I'll stick with you." Tye puts his arm around me and leads me to an empty cell. He searches for the fake rock. I hold his hand. "Boys, make sure you're not touching anyone please." "I'm good baby." "Me too, sweetheart." "Me and Thora found a bunch of jewelry boxes. We are going to split the jewelry. I hid it in the morning room. But I found a hidden blue area in one of the advisor apartments. I messed with it and a box of money fell out. It was probably 500k. I sent it through to the morning room too. I didn't know what else to do with it. It's a lot of money. But not even the servants here know I found it. It's bugging me with that much money sitting in there." "I'll go get it out of there as soon as we're done here baby. Don't worry." "Do not touch the jewelry Tre. Me and Thora worked hard. We have been searching for hours. We were going to split it before anyone finds out we have it." They crack up laughing. "Don't worry baby, I won't touch your jewelry. You can keep that." "Thank you Tre." "You're going to have to show me and Omar what apartment it was, sweetheart. There might be more stuff hidden. We need to check that." "Let me and Tye check at least 1 vault, and then I'll come and show you." "Sounds good. I'll meet you in the advisor hall in 20 minutes." I start searching for the fake stone. Tye grabs my hand. "She's nodding." They laugh again. I find the fake stone and pull it off. Then I go to pull the lever. "AAAAHHHHH!" I hear a blood-curdling scream from the hallway. I go to run out and Tye puts me on my ass and pulls his sword at the same time. He runs out. I get up and run out. Him, Kane, and Tre have a headless man. My guards are running in from both directions. "Must have been one of the advisors. Trying to get his money." "AAAAAHHHHHH!" The boys run into a cell. "NO! WAKE UP!" Tye carries the servant out that's screaming. I grab her. "What happened?" The other servant is on the ground cut in half. She's cut in half at her waist. She should be able to recover from this. "We were standing there. He came out of the vault with his sword and and ..." "It's ok. GUARDS. Move this servant to our medical area. Both halves please. Dr. Cruor will deal with her. Do rush though. She's going to be ok. You need to stay with us for now. After we're done, you can sit in the medical area with her while she recovers." "She's going to be ok?" "She should be. Her heart and neck weren't damaged." The girl sobs even harder. "What?" "We were always told if the injuries were too great we would die like weak humans. So if we got hurt they would kill us." Dipak coughs in my head. "Sorry, I wasn't ready for that." The servant is so freaked out. "It's ok. I'm linked to my king. He can hear me and I can hear him. We're touching, so he hears us both and we hear him. Nothing is wrong." "I thought I was losing my mind." Me, Tre, and Dipak laugh. "KANE YOU MAKE ME MY OWN DOOR RIGHT NOW!" "YOU CAN USE THAT DOOR." "I WANT MY OWN." Thora is pissed and screaming at Kane in the middle of the hallway. Tye is rubbing his eyes. "What Thora?" "I found jewelry. I want to." She runs over and whispers in my ear. "Send it to the morning room for us." Tre cracks up laughing from 2 cells away. "I guess we're searching the morning room when we get back Dipak." She screams so loudly. "IT'S OURS AND YOU CAN'T HAVE IT." "You 2 can keep the jewelry. We don't care about a few necklaces." There were a lot more than a few necklaces we sent through. "We can keep the jewelry? You guys don't care?" "Of course not baby. And if you don't like it, you can send it to the jeweler. He can make you new pieces with it. They are small stones. It's the big ones we want to make sure get to our vault." Me and Thora jump up and down. She screams "YOU PROMISE?" "Yes." Dipak comes around the corner with Omar. "Come on woman. We've been waiting up there." He looks at Tre. "You have these vaults?" "Yea, we can clear them." I smile at Tre. "Do you want our new servant to stay here or am I taking her?" Her eyes get so big. Then she smiles and gets big tears in them. "Are there more vaults down here? Or anything worth money?" "The cells in this hallway have hidden vaults. But most aren't used. Then there is the castle vault which you have already got. Those are the only ones I know of. I've heard rumors of a 2nd castle vault. But have never seen it or have any idea where it would be." I smile. "Go ask the servants for anyone with knowledge of a 2nd castle vault. Then report back to me. I will be in the advisor hallway." She runs off. "OK." Dipak smiles. "You guys clear the vaults. I'm stealing my queen from the dungeon."
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD