1446 Words
I have been at my father's place for three days now. For the most part, everything was going well. Besides a few emails, I hadn't gotten anything from my stalker. No roses, no gifts, and no notes. Dad had James watching me continuously to make sure nothing happened to me after I told him the story. Oz had been over to visit a few times, and even Colin stopped by. I even got a surprise visit from Zac, who heard from Ozzy that I was having issues. I wasn’t expecting him. I normally only see him with Ozzy. I was in my room at my dad’s house getting ready for the day when I got a text message from Dean. Hey, Little Red. How's things going, anything happening there? I sent back a reply: No, I don't think my stalker knows where my dad lives. "Miss. Turner, your father is asking for you," James said from the doorway. James was a beefy man, tall, strong, and terrifying. He had long dirty-blond hair and blue eyes. He was your typical biker with a long beard and tattoos. Underneath his scary appearance was a sweetheart; James was one hell of a guy and a great friend. "All right, please let him know I will be down soon," I said. "Yes, ma'am," James replied, walking away. I shouted out a thank you and continued getting ready. Dean had texted again: Not many people know where he lives. It's a good place to hide even though I wish you would come home. I didn’t know what to say to him. I knew I wanted to go home, but I felt so much safer at my dad's house. I ignored Dean's text message and started making my way to my father's office. I was staying in a huge building which was where my father also did business. He hid his illegal activities well. Emma followed me the whole way there, wagging her tail back and forth. Emma is my father's dog, a beautiful Golden Labrador that he rescued. He wanted a companion after we all moved out, and when he saw Emma's face, he fell in love. "Hey, Daddy. You wanted to see me?" I said. "Yes. James, Mason, and Ryan have been looking into this stalker person for you. They have discovered a possible hiding place that he uses. Now, I could do this my way, but I figured Head Detective Walker might want to try his way first. Could you reach out to him?" I got excited. This might be it. It could all be over today if Dean could get it done. "Yeah, I can give him a call. Can I get more information to give him?" I asked, taking a seat in the chair across from him. "I had Mason hack into the security company’s database. We searched through the system at Dean's home, and we realized it had been tampered with. So, we looked at the cameras leading away from Dean's house and spotted a hooded figure walking away and getting into a black SUV of some sort. We followed the man using the additional cameras the city had and watched him go into what looked like an abandoned building not far from Dean’s. He came out minutes later, still covered, but I'm pretty sure he is the man we are looking for." "This is awesome. I’ll call Dean straight away," I said excitedly, taking out my phone. Dean answered on the second ring. "Hey, Dad thinks he may have found my stalker’s hideout," I said. "How did Eric get this information?" he asked suspiciously. "I just told you that we might have found him, and your first question is that?" "Ivy, I can't just go into this without evidence; unlike your lovely REAL father, I have to do things legally," he said, making me angry. "Never mind, Dean. Forget it," I said. “Ivy, wait…” he said as I hung up on him. "He couldn't help, could he?" Dad asked me. I shook my head and let out a huff. "Miss. and Mr. Turner, would you like me to make some lunch?" Lisa asked from the door. Lisa was sixty-five and a fantastic cook. Her hair was gray, and she had deep blue eyes. She still looked badass, even with her wrinkled skin that had tattoos everywhere. She took care of Ozzy and I when we were kids as our nanny. Everyone who met her fell in love with her. She was a sweet woman. I hated leaving her. If I had a choice at the time, I would have asked to stay with my father. "Yes, Lisa,” Dad said. “Also, could you send in Ryan, James, and Mason, please? I need to speak with them. Tell them it's urgent." Lisa bowed her head and left the room. After a few minutes, they came into the room. I had never seen a more intimidating sight. Ryan and James were my father's security detail and huge men. Mason was a hacker like Colin. He was smaller and a little better than Colin at hacking, but only because Colin wasn't allowed to play illegally. Ryan was tall and well-built. He had dark-brown hair and green eyes. Mason was blond with blue eyes and had a tattoo of a spider on his left eyebrow. "Gentlemen, please take a seat," my father started. "Someone is stalking Ivy. We all know this, and I want it over. We know where he might be, and I want you three to take some men and look at that abandoned building. If you do happen to come across someone, bring them to me." "Yes, boss," they said in unison. "All right, you go get started on that. Call me if you need anything or if anything goes wrong," Dad said. They all nodded and then stood up to leave as Lisa came in with lunch. "Thank you, Lisa. I can't wait to try what you made today. I love your cooking so much," I said, grabbing my plate. “Thank you, Lisa,” Dad said, dismissing her. We were sitting there eating in silence when my phone buzzed. It was another email. “I want to read it as well,” Dad said. "Okay, I will read it out loud then.” From: yoursalways102@gmail.com To: ivyturner120@gmail.com You can send as many men as you want, they will never find me, but I should let you know that now I have found you. You can't escape me, Baby. I will always find you. I don’t understand why you ran away from me or why you are letting people come between us, but I love you anyway. My eyes went wide. I knew it had been too good to be true. I started to panic, and my dad could tell. "Ivy, don't worry, we will get this guy. Even if he isn't there, he has to leave something behind, a clue of some sort." "I'm going to forward this message to Dean," I said. I would have sent it to Colin as well, but he already knew everything that went on my phone because I was unable to remove those apps. It annoyed me because every time a new email came in from my stalker, he texted me. I ignore them both now. As if on cue, Colin texted: Ivy, I'm not a fan of the last email he sent you. Please don't ignore this one; it can be dangerous. I knew he was right, but I didn't want to believe it. After I ignored the first message, he sent another: …and don't ignore me either. You’re hurting my feelings. This made me angry. I shouldn’t have been blamed for his hurt feelings; I was the one with the stalker. I went against my better judgment and emailed my stalker back. I wanted to know what his plan was. From: ivyturner120@gmail.com To: yoursalways102@gmail.com What does that mean? What do you have up your sleeve? Another message from Colin came in after I emailed my stalker: What the hell are you doing texting him back? Why are you being stupid, Ivy? This pissed me off even more. Don't you dare call me stupid! At least I'm trying to do something about it. Everyone else lets it pass by. Dean didn't even believe me; you couldn't track an IP address. Like, isn’t that your job? Plus, no one else seems to care other than my father, so… f**k you, Colin. I threw my phone back on the table once again, ignoring the message from Colin. I was starting to lose my mind, I swear.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD