Chapter 11

270 Words
Chapter 11 The courtiers went pale, and that was a mean feat for people with red faces. Reality stopped boiling around Guillermo, and he felt the world’s largest lump in his throat. The princess had stopped screaming and she was touching her cheek with her delicate hand. It was pretty apparent that nobody, and I do mean nobody, had done that before. Guillermo knew from his profesor that he had to speak at that moment. “Compose yourself, princess.” He straightened his own jacket. Pollux recovered much faster than all the others, and cleared his throat. “Announcing Guillermo Reysolo, your assigned handler from the humans, your Brightness.” He bowed deeply with a flourish of his hand. Kyveli still had her palm on her cheek. She whispered, “Who is this man?” “Your Brightness, this is Guill-” “I heard that,” she whispered again. Guillermo bowed deeply then straightened up, quicker than protocol demanded of him in front of royalty. “I’m here to assist you during your visit to Earth, your Brightness.” She opened her mouth and stayed there. “It is unladylike to have one’s mouth open, your Brightness,” Guillermo said without a hint of derision. She shut it instantly. “Huh.” She turned to her courtiers and waved her hand, “Make sure the Earth liaison is accommodated properly.” “Of course, your Brightness,” a senior courtier said and bowed down to his knees. The others helped him back up. “I’m at your service from this moment on,” Guillermo said. “What would you like to see first on our lovely little planet?” “Everything,” she said, excited. “I heard you have some fluffy predators. Cats, I believe you call them.” Her eyes twinkled. Guillermo had to will his lungs to fill with oxygen. “We can arrange that, I believe.” “But first, I want to see what your princess wears.”
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD