54. Busted

1177 Words
Tye and I sit on our little couch as another man starts talking. He puts his arm around me. I snuggle in and he kisses my hand. "I love you babydoll." "I love you too." "Are you full now?" "Yes. Now I could use a nap." He pulls me in closer. "You can if you want. I'll cuddle you and you take a nap. It'll be boring speeches for a while anyway." He sits back a little more and gets more comfortable. Then he rubs my arm. "You're going to fall asleep too." "Maybe no one will notice." "You should have brought sunglasses." "I'll remember those for next time, or maybe I can climb under that veil again with you." I shake my head. Then I snuggle into him even more. He is warm. I hear people yelling, and my eyes pop open. I have no idea what's going on. Ylle is laughing so damn hard. Then her and Dipak go to the dance floor. Tye's as lost as I am. "What happened?" "I don't know. I fell asleep. Let's see what happens." "You 2 were asleep for like an hour. Most of it was boring speeches. But then the Phoenix castle... The one we're in." We nod at Thora. "They introduced their princess as the queen of queens. A few castles clapped. Ours yelled or laughed. I don't know. Now you're caught up." "Thank you for that." "Oh and Ylle made Dipak take her down there. I don't know what she's doing." I stretch. "Ok." I watch Ylle. But I am tired. I'm fighting to keep my eyes open. Tye sits up straighter, and I nearly fall on him. He adjusts me, so I'm not as laid over and keeps cuddling me. "You might want to wake her up in case she has to go out there." That wakes me up. I shake my head. "I don't want to go out there." "I won't make you babydoll." He hands me a cup of water. I take a drink and Ylle starts announcing to everyone in the ballroom. "We have the queen of queens. We know exactly who she is. Her identity will not be disclosed yet. I assure you, King Phoenix, she is not your daughter." The king is standing beside her saying something. Then Ylle says something. They yell back and forth. No one but people really close can hear any of it. Dipak is rubbing his eyes. Tre and Kane go over. A couple of kings I don't know walk over. Prince Elek goes. It seems to be 1 from each castle is standing off the dance floor. Dipak, Ylle, and the Phoenix King are the only ones on it. "Now I want to go." Thora stands up. "Me too." We speed down to the floor. Then we get caught by Marcus and Tye. Marcus grabs me. "Go back up there." "Awww." I put my bottom lip out. "But I want to hear what they are saying." "It's probably nothing good." Tye nods. "We'll hear about it soon enough. 4 of ours are over there. If a fight breaks out, we don't want the 2 of you in the middle of it." Thora puts her hands on her hips. "We can fight Tye." Marcus rolls his eyes. "They have swords. You 2 have high heels." "I can stab someone with my shoe then." Tye points to the couches. "NOW!" We walk back up. That was more like a command than yelling. I give him a dirty look and slam down on the couch. I know who's not getting anymore cuddling tonight. He shakes his head. Then they turn around and watch the dance floor from the ground level. Thora yells, "OMAR, YOU GOT ANYTHING TO HELP US HEAR?" Omar walks to Thora and I go take Marcus's spot. "Cup your hand around your ear. Point it to what or who you want to hear. Then think amplify hearing." We do it. "Well, I didn't say she's here. I said we know who she is, and she is not your daughter." "That is ridiculous. You won't even give my daughter a chance." "Why would I give her a chance? We already have the queen of queens." "I don't care what you say. You don't produce her. You don't have her. It's a lie." I find the Phoenix castle princess. I listen to her and her mom talk. "Don't worry about what people say. Let your father handle this." "They already have her. Why won't he let it go? I'm not her." "Baby, you are strong and smart. I'm sure it's you too." I tap Thora. "The princess says it's not her. Her parents are doing this." "The castle at the end is walking out." I point my ear at another castle's king and queen. "This is just stupid. Maybe we should leave too. What is the point of sitting here, so he can argue about his spoiled little brat?" Another castle closest to us. "Well, if Ylle says she's not the queen of queens, then she isn't." Thora smacks me. "Borin castle thinks it's you." I point my ear at them. "And she's a magician." I laugh. "Busted." She nods. "Don't look at him for awhile." We ease drop on other castles again. "Why are they still talking? Move on already." I go back to Ylle. "NO! IT IS NOT YOUR DAUGHTER." "YOU LISTEN TO ME." He grabs Ylle's shoulders and everyone jumps up. Dipak lays his ass flat out on the dance floor and puts his sword to the king's head. "No. You listen to me. It is not your daughter. And if you ever touch another female in my presence you will die." "Get out of my castle." "Gladly. And if even one of my servants gets hurt leaving this trash. I will declare war." I jump up. "TIME TO GO." Thora's right beside me. "GRAB YOUR SHIT." A servant runs over. "Get your cloaks now. Bring everyone's stuff back that was stored. Coats shoes anything. We are leaving now." Tye and Marcus come running up. "What babydoll?" I point and Ylle is rushing towards us. She stops at the base of the platform. "Time to go." The servants flood in with their cloaks on. Handing the girls' coats out. She scratches her head. "Wow you work fast." Dipak throws the Phoenix king back into his section. People are cheering. Kane, Tre, and Dipak come back and none of them are happy. Dipak throws me over his shoulder. "EVERYONE OUT NOW." He points to the door. "Usually it's Tye that carries me everywhere, sir." "Think of this as an upgrade then." "That wasn't very nice." Everyone goes for the door. Dipak, Tre, Tye, and Kane follow everyone. "Can I at least walk?" "No, you're fine." "This is embarrassing. My butt is in the air." Kane and Dipak laugh. "Fine sweetheart. But you stay hooked to me." He puts me on my feet. I take his arm. "Thank you sir. This is much better."
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD