36. 10 Sets

1992 Words
We walk into the disaster of a king's office. There is money everywhere. And everyone at the table is counting it. Me and Thora sneak away. We get by the sitting room door, Tre and Frode are in there with the gold. Tre sees us as we sneak by. "STOP!" We look at him and then the ceiling. "TYE." "What?" "Go with them to the morning room and bring the money up here. They are not keeping any of the money. They only get the jewelry." "Let's go." We get to the morning room and he grabs my arm. "Do you 2 know about all the jewelry in here? This is a lot." Dipak says, "I'm coming to see it." I start whining. "No Dipak. You already said we can split it. It's ours." "HE CAN'T TAKE IT. I'LL LICK IT ALL." "Blame Tye, he told on us." "I know who's not getting licked." Tye rubs his eyes. Dipak comes in. "f**k. You're not joking. Girls, it's not safe for you to have this much in your rooms. People would attack for this." "YOU ALREADY SAID WE COULD KEEP IT. YOU PROMISED." I lay down and cry. "NOW YOU MADE HER CRY." "Baby don't cry. We'll have to keep it in a vault or something. He's right. You can't keep that in your room." Dipak shakes his head. "Pick your 10 favorite pieces. You can keep 10." Thora puts an eyebrow up. "10 sets?" "Like this. This necklace and bracelet is a set." "Fine. 10 sets." Tye smiles. "And you will need one of these jewelry boxes to put them in. Empty your favorite box, then put your 10 sets in it." Dipak nods. "You 2 do this. We're going to get the money up to my office for counting." "Ok." "Let's lay it out in sets on the floor." "By color." "Perfect." After 2 hours and 1 bottle of wine each. We have everything laid out by color and full set. We even put the rings that didn't have sets in a set. "I love love love this ring princess queen." "What color stone is it?" "Purple." "Pick out your favorite purple set and put it in there." Frode and Tre come in. "Oh my God." "Yep." "We got them sorted. We haven't picked our 10 sets yet." Frode looks at us. "Let us go through and see what's real. If it's not real, we'll throw it away. Then you pick from the real stuff." "Keep that ring, Thora. You love it so much, I don't think it matters if it's real or not." "That's true. I do love it." She puts it on her finger. Frode nods. "Go away for an hour. Then you'll be ready to pick." I smile. "Ok." We run outside and she grabs my back. We take off. "We'll only go for an hour. They'll never even notice." I get us to a little village. "No one followed us." She smiles. "I'm going first." "OK." She goes under a light and a cute guy comes up to her. After a minute, she follows him into a house. I sneak up by the door and peek in. He's got her on the table, and they're kissing. He reaches up her skirt and I glance beside me. Tye is standing there. "What are you 2 doing?" I panic and shove him on his ass. I run in and grab the man. I kill him as we drop to the floor. Tye comes in with his arms crossed. "What are you 2 doing?" "Man hunting and you scared me. I didn't know you were here." "Neither of you even have a sword. Why are you running in to kill her man? What are you 2 doing?" "We told you Tye." Thora rolls her eyes. "How many have you killed?" "This is our very first 1. I haven't had a turn yet." Kane walks in. "What's going on?" "Man hunting Kane." "Something isn't right." "They were probably kissing them again." Tye puts his eyebrows up. Thora starts crying. "I forgot again." "No, it's ok. Tre is redoing the rules. We can kiss not drunk dance, I think." "Oh ok. I thought it was no drunk kissing?" "No, that's only when we dance." "So, we can drunk kill kiss." "Yes, I think so." Kane rubs his eyes. "They need someone to sit down and explain these rules again. Maybe if 10 people weren't giving them different rules they could sort it out." "No more killing tonight. You're both to drunk. We'll sort out the rules tomorrow." "But I didn't even have 1 turn Tye." "Babydoll, you can't even stand up right. Come on. Maybe tomorrow you can go back out. I'll talk to Tre, and we'll get some rules going that you can follow." He wraps me in his arms. "I'm sorry we have you confused." I lay my head on his chest. He's warm. I open my eyes. I'm in Tye's room. He's not here. It seems to be about lunch. I climb out of bed. The room starts spinning. I lay back down and close my eyes. I open my eyes a few hours later and go to the sitting room. Him and Tre are sitting on his couch. "You are rough baby." I start crying. I can't help it. I feel horrible. Someone knocks on the door and Tye picks me up. He carries me back to his room and gives me a big glass of water and another of blood. "Drink this, and you'll start to feel better babydoll." I drink every last drop. I wake up again, and it's got to be the middle of dinner. I drink 3 big glasses of water. I am so thirsty. I grab another one and take it with me back to the bedroom. The next time I open my eyes, the sun is either coming up or going down. But Tye is sleeping with me. I do like that. I drink my whole water cup. "I'll go get you another cup baby." "Is it morning or night?" "Morning." "I slept a whole day?" "That's what happens when you drink that much." "I did not feel good when I woke up yesterday." "I know... You got up again after that?" "I got up around dinner and drank a bunch of water, then laid back down. I was thirsty." "Yes, alcohol will make you thirsty." "I don't know if I want to try getting up." He chuckles. "Why don't we go down to your place? I'll give you a bath. That might help. If not, I'll carry you back, and you can go back to sleep." "Why my place?" "You have a bigger bath baby. You can float in it." "Yea, mine is definitely better. I can't wait until we get moved and have bigger baths." "That will be nice." Soon we're cuddled up in the bubble bath snuggling and enjoying each other. "You remember going to the village to go man hunting?" "No. I remember picking out a jewelry box. Then looking at jewelry. I think we were sorting it." "Then you ran off to a village to go man hunting." "I don't remember that. Did we kill to many people again?" "No just 1. I got there, and I think Thora was kissing him. You killed him. Then I hugged you and you passed out." "Sorry, I really don't remember." "It's ok." He kisses my head. "Why is it bugging you?" "I don't want you kissing other men." "I think I wouldn't remember if I did that." He smiles at me. "Maybe I'll remember more later." He starts washing my hair. "I do remember going to the village. Frode said we had 1 hour, then we could pick jewelry. We were going to do 1 or 2. Then come back. We needed something to do for an hour. She went first and... I was watching to make sure she was ok. Then I turned and you were right beside me. You scared me so badly, I shoved you over and ran. I didn't even know it was you until I was picking myself up off the floor." "I understand now. You were scared. I couldn't figure out why. I didn't know you thought I was a stranger." He rinses my hair then kisses my head. "I'm sorry I shoved you over. I love you." "I love you babydoll and it's ok. It shocked me but I wasn't hurt. I probably would have shoved a strange man standing that close to me over too." We laugh and get each other clean. "You want to try and stay up or did you want to sleep some more babydoll?" "I'm going to try and stay awake for now." We get up after some cuddles. We get dressed and go to the morning room. The jewelry is in the same spots. "After Frode said you were checking to see if it was real, I figured most of it would be fake." "Nope, all real baby. You can pick out 10 sets. Then we're going to vault the rest." "Can't I move all my jewelry to a vault? And pick it out from there?" "Do you want to go to the dungeon alone every morning, sweetheart?" I shake my head. "Then, pick out 10. We will vault the rest. You can switch them out as you want. But you do not need that much jewelry in one room." Tre goes to his desk and brings me a box. "There's also these. You can not keep them in your room. They will remain vaulted unless you want to wear them." "I thought you would make me get rid of them." "What's in it, babydoll?" I open it and lay the pieces on the table. "Black diamonds sir." "Oh wow." "Can I wear them today?" "No." "Why Tre?" "Because you do not need to flaunt them around the castle." "I won't flaunt." Dipak chuckles. "What does flaunt mean?" I shrug my shoulders. They all smile. "Wait until you have an event, then maybe you can wear them, if we have enough safety for you sweetheart." Tre sits the box back on the table and I put them in it. "And the ring baby." "I forgot I had it on." "Thank you." Tye puts some food in front of me. I eat and Tre dries my hair. "Did you guys get the money and gold and everything sorted? I was pushing it everywhere. I think I threw 100k in Dipak's office." "We all did, sweetheart. They had money everywhere. But why did you shove that big box of money in here?" "I didn't know where to put it. It was so much. I didn't know who was in your office. At least this is no access. I thought it would be safer here." "When you come across something like that, my office or even the sitting room across the hall is safer than the advisor hallway. It is safe in here. I understand why you would do that. But up there it is under guard." "I'm sorry." "Don't be sorry. Everything got here. You got it here, and you informed us right away. You did good. You found a lot." Tre makes a "Pshhh" noise. "She f*****g found everything Dipak. Every single thing, except the first vault. Without her, we wouldn't have found hardly s**t. Those servants loved her and were handing us everything. Even that 2nd vault. That servant ran around for a long time trying to find servants who had seen it. All for her." He rubs his eyes. "That damn gold should be hers." I smile. "It is ours." "No, it should be yours. What do you want to do with it baby?" "How much did we get?" Dipak smirks. "We were rich before. Now we're 8 times as rich." "I'll think about it."
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD